Each Customer should ensure they read these terms and conditions prior to placing an order with us. Please note by placing an order for any Product or Service from Joy Thorpe, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Order Process Once a Customer places an order with Joy Thorpe, the Customer will receive an email receipt to acknowledge Joy Thorpe has received your order and payment.
2. Description of goods We endeavour to describe all items as fully as possible, to the best of our knowledge, providing as much history. However, it should be noted that the items that we are selling are antique or vintage items and as such, in most cases, will have some age-related wear.
They are not presented in 'perfect' condition; each piece has its own story to tell and the bumps, scratches and marks picked up over the years add to the patina and history of the piece. We provide a full description, high quality images from several angles and measurements to show each Product as accurately as possible. Despite this, some small variations may occur (e.g. colour). If you require further clarification of a Product please contact us for further information. It is the Customer's responsibility to ensure the condition and presentation of their purchase is satisfactory for their personal requirements.
3. Electrical products We recommend that all electrical goods are inspected, tested, certified and installed by a qualified electrician. We also recommend that vintage electrical goods are protected by a "RCD". We will not be liable for any loss, injury or death caused by electrical goods that have not been inspected, tested and certified by a qualified electrician.
4. Refund Policy We realise that making purchases online is not easy when you haven't seen or examined the goods. We are always happy to discuss items in more detail and, if required, will provide more detail on condition along with photographs.
We want you to be pleased with your purchase, but if you are unhappy with it, we would like you to get in touch with us within 7 days of receiving the goods. We will provide a full refund of the purchase price (excluding all transportation costs) if the item falls short of your expectations, providing the item is returned to us in it's original condition, and within seven days of your receipt of it.
***Please note special orders requiring modification of an existing product on the website are not refundable.
***Please note, purchases made from our Castlecomer Shop, as opposed to online, are "sold as seen" and not refundable.
5. Shipping Smaller items will be packaged and dispatched within 3-4 days of ordering if not sooner. These items are shipped, fully insured and with tracking numbers, via our designated courier or An Post.
For Furniture Products we use reliable national couriers who deliver around Ireland. Joy Thorpe prefers to arrange delivery within 7-14 working days wherever possible. In order to keep delivery costs as low as possible we either arrange delivery ourselves or use a local trusted courier company. We arrange the quote and once accepted by you, pass your details onto the driver who will then make contact with you to coordinate delivery times directly.
You will need to pay the driver upon delivery. Insurance of all items passes to these delivery companies as soon as these items leave our premises. We will obviously be happy to assist you with any queries/issues you may have regarding delivery. Alternatively customers are always welcome to collect their purchases from us directly.
6. Amendment to Terms and Conditions Joy Thorpe Antiques reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice. If you have any comments please send them to email@example.com